background

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Poems

Here are some poems about seasons that I wrote:


Fall
By: Ellise Kahuhu
Spices and cinnamon,
Seem like an omen.
To say, “It’s Thanksgiving,”
And thank loved ones who’re living.

I see brown and orange,
I hear the creak of a door hinge.
As family gather round,
To where thanks will abound.

Sweets and candy,
Is really quite dandy.
At this time of year,
With kids filled with fear.

Orange and black,
As a matter of fact.
Is about goblins and ghouls,
Or a werewolf that howls.

During this season,
There is quite a reason.
To either fill up your plate,
Or go where ghosts a wait.
And now, overall,
I simply love the fall.

Spring
By: Ellise Kahuhu
The flowers are blooming,
 The grasses are mowed.
The bluebirds are singing,
The seeds have been sowed.
Mama birds sing,
While their hatchlings take wing.
The trees come alive,
With a new beehive.
Now hear the loud hum
Of the bees who now come.

Spring has come,
With a bright new sun.
Spring will bring showers,
That go on for hours.
If you love spring,
Happiness it’ll bring.
Nature smells fresh,
Us, will spring bless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment